Sunday, December 5, 2010

Roasted Christmas Potatoes

Not to be confused with my family's Christmas potato casserole recipe which I shared with you last year.

This is a new name I came up with for the best roasted potatoes I've made to date.  They are named Roasted Christmas Potatoes not for the upcoming holiday at hand but instead for the red and green color.  A great side dish for any meal.

What you'll need:
red-skinned creamer potatoes - I usually gauge about 5 medium to small ones per person
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley - about one cup
olive oil
garlic powder
salt and pepper

What you'll do:
Dice potatoes into even pieces - I usually fourth the larger potatoes and halve the smaller ones.  Soak in a large bowl of boiling, salted water for about 20 minutes or until water cools down.


Meanwhile, chop the fresh parsley and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.


Drain the water from the potatoes and layer them onto a baking sheet.  Top with chopped parsley, and a generous douse of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I usually use my hands to toss them around so that they are covered evenly.  Now you can see the red and green!


Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour or until potatoes and parsley are both nice and crispy.  Season with a little extra salt if needed.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...