Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bourbon Street Pork


My brother's sweet girlfriend, Sarah, gave me a cookbook for Christmas filled with recipes from Raleigh's Junior League.  I decided to try one out and it was fabulous so I thought I'd share it with you.  The recipe actually called for pork tenderloin but I had a pork butt on hand so I used that and it worked great as well. 

Bourbon Street Pork Marinade
1/4 cup peanut oil (I used sesame because that is what I had on hand and really liked it)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon worcheschire sauce
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

Marinate for at least two hours - the longer the better! 

You can broil it in the oven or put it on the grill.  We grilled ours and the marinade made this awesome crust on the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...