Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls...or the house anyway

This was my favorite idea this year.  My friend Emily's sweet mama gave me these ornaments years ago.  I love getting them out every year and always think of her.  This year I decided to display them in my cake platter that we got for our wedding (thanks, Reeves!)  I really like how they turned out. 

We had to move one of our tables our of our tiny living room to make way for the tree (which is much smaller this year than in years past because of the limited space).  We moved this lamp into the dining room and I really like how it looks.  Even my husband said he liked the lamp in the dining room and that maybe we should buy new lamps for the living room - SCORE!

 Clear decanters flanked by Christmas candlesticks.  And more red and green from the potted plant.

Red heart vase. 

 Close up of the reindeer candlestick.  These were my mom's and I love them.

Red candles, a little stick reindeer from my husband.  Even the topiary goes Christmas with a gold bow.

Glittered pinecones sit on the buffet.

My grandmother's silver candlesticks surround the Christmas ornaments on the dining room table.

1 comment:

  1. The centerpiece looks great. It means so much to me that you remember my Mom in this way, even though you never met!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...