Saturday, August 21, 2010

A whole new look

I've gotten the Home Decorators Collection catalog for many years.  I usually flip through it, think most of what is in there looks like junk and then I throw it out.  Uh, not any more.  Don't get me wrong, there are still lots of pieces that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but they've got some great things now at extremely reasonable prices.

Check it out!

This was one of my favorite pieces.  A simple aluminum chair and it is selling for a reasonable $99!  Look at it below set against a traditional dining room. 

Here's another aluminum option...
And they have the same chair sans arms in a wide variety of colors.  Still think the aluminum one is my favorite but can see the other colors being lots of fun in the right room. 
They've definite jumped on the industrial bandwagon.  Between the chairs above and these next couple of tables, there is a lot to choose from.  This one offers an adjustable height option which is great. 
I'm not sure which I like better - the industrial coffee table or side table, both shown below.  And honestly, for just over $700, that couch ain't bad looking either...
One thing that I really enjoy thinking about is designing for small spaces.  In the DC area where rent is so high and space is at a premium, so many people have to fit so much into a small space.  Organization is the key.  This murphy desk offers great functionality and organization for a small space at a small price - under $200.  The director's chair for this purpose is great too because it can fold away as necessary.  Theirs is only $39.
And last but not least, they've got some great rugs.  I'm seriously considering this Faux Bois one below from their Martha Stewart collection.  It is neutral but still offers great texture.
I couldn't stop looking at this Houndstooth one.  Part of it feels really 80's and part of it feels really fresh.  I think I want it to come back.  I can see this looking great in the right room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...