Thursday, August 12, 2010

No Bake Lemonade Pie

We rarely eat dessert.  One reason is that I don't crave sweets nearly as much as I crave savory food.  My poor husband however, loves desserts so it is something he misses out on (or is constantly sneaking!).  Another reason we don't eat dessert often is because I don't need the added calories.  And lastly, I enjoy cooking much more than baking and rarely do I feel like dealing with dessert after a meal.  When we have friends for dinner and they offer to bring something, I'll almost always suggest they bring dessert so I don't have to worry about it.

Well, this here pie is excellent because it isn't too fattening, it is no bake so it is perfect for a light dessert during the week.  Give it a go. 


Lemonade Pie
What you'll Need
1 12 ounce can fat free evaporated milk
2 packages of lemon instant pudding mix
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 packages of fat free cream cheese, softened
1 12 ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
fat free cool whip

What you'll Do
Whisk together evaporated milk, pudding and lemon zest.  Add to the bowl cream cheese, vanilla, and lemonade concentrate.  Beat with a handblender or mixer until smooth and creamy.  Fold into the crust and let cover for approximately 8 hours or until it has firmed up.  Top with whipped cream and lemon zest. 

The original recipe came from Southern Living but I alternated ingredients for a lighter lemonade pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...