Thursday, March 3, 2011

Updates from the Abode

My copy-cat monogrammed shower curtain is back from The Little Monogram shop.  I chose the color as honeysuckle which is in the orange family and I love it. 




I think I need to iron it though...

Anyway, I also mentioned my plan to pull a "Martha" and cover one of my grandmother's antique wooden tables with a mirror.  I wanted to help protect it and also have it look more updated and bright. 

Here was the table before.  It is a beautiful piece but has taken a beating with all the wear and tear as our living room side table. 



And here it is updated with the mirror.  I really like how it looks. 

Did I mention I scored my lamp (there's a matching one on the other table in the living room) for $2?  I gave it a spray of high gloss black paint and it immediately joined the present which was a step up from the green and gold 1960's vibe they previously had going on.



The other thing I like about the mirror besides the look and feel and the reflective, bright quality is that it ties in nicely with several mirrored picture frames I have on the other side of the room.  Putting those mirrored frames on top of the mirrored table would be too much but they compliment each other on opposite sides of the room.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...