Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Watercolor Art

I recently found these two artists on Etsy who work with watercolor. My mom used a lot of watercolor paints for her art. She did commissioned work of people's houses and pets that were fun and whimsical.

DJ Rogers is a watercolor artist who sells prints of his art on Etsy. I recently brought a print of my brother's dog, a Springer Spaniel, for his birthday. The quality of the paper of the print was excellent and I know he will love it since my mom never had a chance to paint Sydney, his pup. Here are a few other ones I like.






It could almost be my little pup in Paris!

Michael Joe Moore also sells his commissioned artwork on Etsy. What a wonderful house-warming gift for a couple who buys their first home or as a gift for your parents - a commissioned picture of the house you grew up in. He's also from NC!



2 comments:

  1. Susan Muller Chase does paintings similar to these. Have you seen hers on Facebook? They're really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I think I need one...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...