Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Loving Lucite

I first became aware of lucite back in high school when I bought a pair of shoes to go with a prom dress. Those see-through shoes still remind me of my friend Carson - she always wore them!

I'll admit, I was not the first to jump on the lucite furniture bandwagon. Once all of the design mags started showing it, I wasn't a fan. I thought it looked cheap and chintzy.

I'm now a convert. The more I see it, the more I love it. It started with this tiny pedestal side table that was made of out of really thick lucite. It was situated on a black and white floor and looked amazing. I don't have a scanner right now but I'll hopefully have a picture of it at some point.

I think lucite furniture is a great solution for small spaces that need to appear bigger or don't have room for clunky furniture.

Look how the lucite shelves allow the beautiful wallpaper to show through without distracting from it. Image seen on Sketch 42 blog.

I love the combo of lucite paired with mirrors. And obviously all of these animal prints make me very happy! Image from Domino.

Straight Hollywood glamour. Image seen on Decorpad.


A collection of lucite furniture from Veranda. The pedestal table is my favorite.

An outdoor room done entirely of lucite. All you can notice are the surroundings. Sleek and modern! Image from Living, Etc.

A graphic fabric spices up this lucite chair from Madeline Weinrib. Love her fabrics.

A beautiful lucite desk from Pieces store in Atlanta.
This coffee table almost looks like a jewel! Image source unknown.


Faux bamboo and lucite - very cool! Table is Elizabeth Bauer.

A tufted bench with a super soft fabric again pointy lucite legs. Would be great as a coffee table with a tray on top of it or maybe at the end of a bed. As seen on PBaglino blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...