Monday, January 18, 2010

Before and After: Makeshift Pots

I've been cleaning and organizing on this fabulous day off from work. I started with the tool room but was distracted when I found an old water stained terracotta pot. It was missing the base but was just the right size I needed for my orchid that is rapidly outgrowing its current pot. I also found a stack of old plates I've been collecting from thrift stores for another project. Then I eyed some spray paint left over from wedding craft-mania. (I won't go into details about the botched cardboard cake stand debacle which was the original purpose for the spray paint, will I, Meghann?) Another warm day today so I headed outside for a quick spray and concocted this to re-plant my poor, cramped orchid.

thrift store plate (I think I got it for 25 cents)

water stained terracotta pot

the vision pre-paint job

new home for the orchid

a close-up of the finished pot

I also picked up this primrose from Trader Joe's for $2.99 today but didn't love the plastic container it came in (I'm sure I'll find some other use for that down the road...). Bets gave me this cutest teacup a few years ago when she came to visit me in Scotland and it has found a new temporary purpose.

$2.99 Primrose from Trader Joe's

teacup from Betsy

voila! a new home for my primrose

1 comment:

  1. Oh lordy, you should do a PSA about that cupcake stand experience.

    Moral of story, do not spraypaint cardboard. It just does not work. Glad to see this crafting project turned out much, much better!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...