Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Southern Grace

We went to Charlottesville this weekend to watch the Tarheels beat the Wahoos.  Go Heels!  On the way home we stopped at Southern Grace in Madison, Virginia.

The home and gardens that the store sits on are beautiful and I've always wanted to stop.  Can you see why?  It is like a gorgeous old plantation home.


If you're ever going down 29, I suggest you stop.  It was winter so the gardens and fountains weren't in full effect but I could imagine they'd be beautiful.  There are hundreds of them running in the warmer months.  And the gentleman who owns the store could not have been nicer or more friendly.  That goes a long way in my book.

My favorite purchase was this wine bottle stopper.  I've seen the old door knob wine stops before but never one with the flower on top.  I adore it.  I usually don't buy things like this for myself but I couldn't resist.



The rest of the store doesn't disappoint either.  Lots of things for every price range. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...