Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nina Petronzio Design: Six Things to Love

Nina Petronzio Design.  What's not to love?  But here are six of my favorites.

First - amazing closets.  For men and for women.  I love the wire inserts in the cabinet doors in the first closet.  I imagine the manly closet in the second image must belong to a movie star! 



Second, playful, fun rooms for little girls.  Loving the stripes!



Third = cozy, comfortable, livable living rooms.  Exactly what a living room should be.  You can picture the whole family hanging out there or having more formal get togethers with guests.



Fourth is for unique seating.  I am pretty much obsessed with these yellow chairs with the nailhead trim and it is not something I would normally be in to.  Pair it with the black and white photography and you've got one heck of a space.  How about those fun coral red chairs for the seating area in a kitchen?  A lot of people would have gone for a much busier, graphic fabric on the seats but she keeps a bright chair livable for longer by keeping the fabric simple.  I can imagine you'd tire of these chairs more quickly otherwise.  Or, is that just my short attention span...



Fifth: white kitchens.  I cannot get enough white subway tile.  She delivers.  White will not go out of style.  You can accessorize with every color in the book to change it up but the neutralness of it is always a good investment for your home.



And last but not least, the sixth thing to love is her use of the color orange in her designs.  Those curtains with those chairs - so gorgeous!  Light blue and orange may very well be my new favorite color combination.  And how about for the dining room.  They'd be on my list just after the beautiful yellow chairs I talked about above.  And that little ottoman with punches of yellow and orange?  Divine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...