Monday, July 12, 2010

Pork Fried Rice

I tried to simplify this process to make it week night appropriate by cooking the pork tenderloin ahead of time in the slow cooker.  When I got home from work today, I had less work to do to put supper together.  Which is a good thing since I had a lovely car accident on the way home (both parties are A-ok, just the cars are beat up). 

What You'll Need
1 pound pork (I used tenderloin but you could chop up leftover pork chops from the grill as well)
2 cups cooked rice, chilled (I used brown basmati but use your favorite kind)
1 onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup carrots, chopped finely
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1Tbsp butter

What You'll Do
Cook pork.  Like I said, I used a crock pot and cooked it marinated in teriaki sauce.

Cook rice.

In a large skillet, sautee onions and carrots in sesame oil for about 5 minutes until tender. 

Remove from skillet and wipe clean.

Add butter to skillet and melt.  Add eggs to skillet with butter and cook for 1 minute without stirring (or until eggs begin to set on the bottom).  Draw cooked eggs to the edge of the pan being careful to leave in fairly large pieces.  Cook for about a minute longer until thickened but still moist. 

Add pork, carrot and onions, rice and peas.  Cook over medium heat, stirring often - about 2-3 minutes. 

Stir in soy sauce and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...