Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday Tip: Bacon on Parchment Paper

My aunt came to visit a few weeks ago and taught me about parchment paper.  I can honestly say I had never used it before and told her so.  Her response: "Every good southerner should know about parchment paper."  And yes, now I only cook my bacon on it but also used it for all of my holiday cookie baking and it worked like a charm...and clean up was a cinch! 

I'm sure you all know about baking your bacon in the oven which is now my preferred method of choice.  No grease splattering all over the stove top and it turns out perfectly every time (as long as I don't forget about it and set the fire alarm off!!).  My children love bacon so I cook it frequently since, let's be honest, there isn't a lot that they will eat in the way of meat (or anything for that matter).  Before, I was pouring the grease out into a jar.  Now, when I cook it on parchment paper, the grease stays on the paper and I can simply toss it out.  Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...