Friday, November 22, 2013

Skillet Chili Mac

Unfortunately this recipe was another one where I thought I had the memory card in my camera and took all sorts of great pics only to find out that my memory card was sitting in my computer.  I did snap one with my phone but that's all I got.


I do recommend this recipe though - it was perfect for a winter's evening and had great flavor!

What You'll Need:
1 large onion diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can kidney beans
1 pound lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chiles
1 jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds if you like less heat)
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cumin
handful of fresh chopped green onions
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of medium sized pasta (I used shells)
2 cups of water
1 diced bell pepper (can use any color)

What You'll Do:
Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sautee onion and bell pepper until tender.  Add ground beef and garlic and cook until meat is browned.  Drain the excess fat.  Stir in chili powder, cumin and season with salt and pepper.

Add the tomato sauce, green chilis and diced tomatoes.  Stir together.  Then add the water, kidney beans and pasta and 1 cup of the cheese.  Mix together, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes until pasta is cooked.

Add remaining cup of cheese and top with green onions.  Serve immediately and top with any of your other favorite chili toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...