Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beachy Needlepoint Bargain

I went to a Consignment Store here in Alexandria recently with no intention of buying anything (cause that is the only time you find anything you HAVE to have).  I couldn't resist.  I just knew that this was one of those things that I'd regret if I didn't buy it.  It will certainly look fabulous in my beach house one day but for now I really like how it lightens up the mantel over the fireplace in the basement.



I seriously can't get over the intricate detail of this. This is a combination of needlepoint and embroidery but this lady designed it herself.  If I look closely, I can see where she outlined the shape of the shells with a pencil and then filled it in with her embroidery design.  SERIOUS skill and patience.



Did I mention this huge thing was $36 bucks?  I felt like I was stealing it!


She had some other pieces in there as well that were awesome but I just loved the carolina blue on the background and all of the shells.  Original?  Check.  Handmade?  Check.  Huge?  Check.  I mean, how was it only $36???  Pays to shop consignment is all I've got to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...