Thursday, March 18, 2010

Visual Harmony



About a month ago in Martha Stewart's daily organizing tip, she used the phrase "visual harmony" and it resonated with me.  I think achieving visual harmony in your decor is a good goal to keep in mind.  It doesn't have to mean symmetrical; but in my opinion often times it does.  Moreover, I think the most important thing to recognize is that visual harmony means different things to different people.  Here are some images, however organized or symmetrical, that bring me visual harmony.  What does it for you?

I don't know that I'd want my wardrobe to be this monochromatic but I'll take this level of organization any day of the week.

More modern than my typical taste but I'm digging the clean lines of the furniture and the super organized shelves.

Serious symmetry and seriously appealing.

If only...my office llooked this neat.

No symmetry here.  In fact, it is a little off-kilter.  But so peaceful.

I hereby adopt another motto (besides every room should have a little animal print in it).  You can never have too many orchids.  Especially white ones.

Symmetrical but still interesting.  I want that coffee table.

Images found via The Haystack Needle, Organized Life, Apartment Therapy, Phoebe Howard, Apartment Therapy, Southern Exposure, Apartment Therapy & Second Floor Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...