Saturday, March 13, 2010

In search of an orchid.

One of the things on my to do list today was to get a new orchid.  I love orchids because I think they are beautiful.  I also love the effect fresh flowers give to a room and orchids are so much more cost effective than fresh flowers because of their life longevity.  We store our dormant orchids in the basement windows and a few months ago we had our first one bloom for the second time around!  Hopefully soon I'll have enough to rotate so that I don't have to spend more money on them.

In the meantime, I went to Whole Foods in search of an orchid.  It is typicallly an orchid mecca.  Today, however, they were out.  Somehow I managed to drop $40 some odd dollars there for dinner.  I guess it is cheaper than eating out.

Then we went to Balducci's.  They had one orchid to choose from and it was already fully bloomed and I like to buy ones that aren't fully bloomed to help keep them alive longer.  $100 later we left Balducci's.  Still no orchid.

So, I'm carrying over this task on my to do list for tomorrow but in the meantime, here are some beautiful orchids for you to look at.






Images from Kensington florist, Black Rhino Services, House Beautiful, Interior Design it Yourself, Pallensmith, Southern Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...