Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello, Lubbock.

Just back from a long weekend in Lubbock, Texas to surprise my husband's Mom for her 60th.  Mission accomplished!  She was shocked. 

Haven't been able to post much for a few days but here are a couple of images from the hotel that I liked.  We stayed at a Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham.  They used relatively inexpensive materials but they were well done and made it look quite put together.  Good tips for our own at home decorating.  Here are a couple:

Bold, graphic, black and white wall paper but only on one accent wall behind the bed.  Otherwise, you might get dizzy.  Good effect on one wall though.

Nail head chair.  You could do this to any plain old chair to spice it up.  Love the look.

Inexpensive prints on canvas - not framed.  I didn't get a shot of the one in the bathroom which I liked a lot more but you get the idea.  One big one with the bold colors makes a big statement.

Then my husband took me to a place in Lubbock called Ransom Canyon.  It was a canyon with a big lake in the middle and some of the craziest houses I've ever seen in my life.  This one is called the shell house because it is shaped like a conch. 


This one is entirely made of steel and quite possibly had the best view of the lake of the whole joint.  Not sure I would want to live there but it was definitely interesting to look at.  Yes, that is snow on the ground after we left 60+ degree weather here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...