Monday, March 29, 2010

Tater revamp and some other recipes

Ya'll, I lied.  A few weeks ago for one of my Tuesday tips, I told you my opinion on how to make the perfect baked potato.  I had almost everything right except for the salt.  On Thursday my husband took me to
J. Gilberts in McLean, VA and they had a salt licked baked potato.  I recreated it at home and it was divine.  The only adjustment you need to make from my previous instructions is when you wash the baked potato then you roll it in sea salt.  YUM!



With these perfect baked taters we had delicious skirt steak marinated in soy, lime and horseradish sauce...



and my version of Caprese salad:

1 bag of baby arugula
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
balsamic dressing (see below)

Easy balsamic vinagrette:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (mixed into the vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Top the salad with the dressing and toss just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...