Friday, March 12, 2010

The Find

I recently purchased and just finished reading (after I finished The Help which was fabulous!) The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treatsures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details. It had some inspiration but I'll be honest, there were more words than I cared to read and too few pictures. I mean, this is a design book after all. If you're gonna get this one, go used in my humble opinion.  Although, that says, I'm a fan of decorating with books and I like the size and the cover of this one so it does have more than one use!



Anyway, this further confirmed my appreciation for decopage artist and designer John Derian whose shop is based out of NYC. Here are a few images from his stores/line/designs that I find inspiring and interesting.

display image from a wall in the shop as seen on Apartment Therapy

also via Apartment Therapy.  I've never seen the equal to that bed!

yes, please.  pretty fotted bowls.

another shop image

an image from the John Derian studio as seen on Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...