Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken Divan


Chicken Divan was my favorite dish my Mom used to make.  I miss having it now that she's gone.  It makes me a little sad but also comforted at the same time.  This isn't my Mom's recipe but it is delish.  I got my inspiration for this from a Paula Deen recipe but I changed a few things up.  I also doubled this recipe and took a dish to some friends and I think they enjoyed it too!

What You Need:
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 boxes of frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp curry powder
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup of dry white wine
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter

What You Do:
Defrost the broccoli in the microwave in a large glass bowl (about 4-5 minutes on high).  Drain any excess water. Add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the broccoli and set aside.


In a separate bowl mix together the chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, cheddar cheese, curry powder, lemon juice and white white.


Add the soup/sauce mixture to the bowl with the chicken and broccoli and mix together.  Don't mix too hard because you don't want it to turn to mush.


Add the entire mixture to a casserole dish (I used disposable this time so I could transport it to my friend.  Top with breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese and dollops of the butter.  Cover with aluminium foil.  Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove the foil and broil on low for 5 minutes until bread crumbs are browned and crusted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...