Friday, October 5, 2012

World's Easiest Apple Pie

Some girlfriends and I went apple picking last weekend and so I've been doing what I can to not let my harvest go to waste.  Hence, the obligatory apple pie.  This one was so stinkin' easy and super yummy.

What You'll Need:
1 package refrigerated pie crust
5-7 peeled apples, sliced thinly
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
tiny bit of milk


What You'll Do:

Slice apples and place in bottom pie crust.




Mix sugar (white and brown), cinnamon, pumpkin pie seasoning, and flour in a bowl.  Pour over the apples in the pie crust.  Top with several pats of butter.



Place top crust  and pinch together with your fingers.  Use a pastry brush and spread on a small amount of milk on the top.  (NOTE: this was a new trick I read about and it sounded weird to me but man, oh man, it made that crust brown and golden and crispy!)




Honestly, what I think made the whole process so easy was that I had SO MUCH help from two little guys right under my feet the ENTIRE time.  They know goodness when they smell it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...