Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Turkey Sausage and Mediterranean Grilled Veggies and Cous Cous


My friend Lane had a beautiful little baby girl.  We signed up to take she and her family dinner one night and I wanted to take something other than a casserole.  One person in the household doesn't like cheese (hard for me to imagine since I love it so much!) so I was also cognizant of that.

I decided some grillled veggies and couscous might be a fresh change.  I was going to grill up some chicken but at the last minute decided to do some low fat turkey sausage.  I doubled everything so that we had dinner one night as well and I really enjoyed the combo.

I put it in an aluminum tray so they could just pop it in the oven and heat up when they were ready to eat.

Grilled Turkey Sausage:

Preheat grill and cook on high for about 3-4 minutes or until browned.

Roasted Veggies:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Chop squash, zucchini, onions and yellow, orange and red peppers.  Drizzle generously with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Place on cooking sheet in a single layer and roast for about 30 minutes or until browned.

Roasted Asparagus:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Season asparagus with salt pepper and olive oil.  Roast on baking sheet in a single layer for about 15 minutes or until browned.

Cous Cous:

Prepare cous cous according to package directions.  Once you add the water, add cherry tomatoes and chopped up baby spinach and allow tomatoes to heat and wilt as the cous cous finishes cooking.  Add toasted almonds and an extra drizzle of olive oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...