Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday Tip: Perfectly Cooked (and moist!) Grilled Chicken


About once a week now we've been having a yummy salad for dinner.  We are trying to not only be healthier but it makes for a really simple supper.  And it is super easy to change up different ingredients so you don't get tired of the same thing.

The thing that really sets a dinner salad off to me is to have a nice fresh grilled piece of warm chicken breast over the cold of the other salad ingredients.

The easiest thing to do to get super moist grilled chicken is to marinade it in Italian dressing.  I use fat free and just season the chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper.  If you have a couple of hours, that'll do the trick but if you can marinate it for at least a day in the fridge, you'll notice the difference.

I like to marinate mine in a big ziplock freezer bag.  I think it helps all of the dressing coat the chicken but it also makes for really easy clean up.



I cook mine on a gas grill 'cause I cannot be bothered with all that charcoal nonsense - and, we are trying to be speedy about this, right?

I preheat the grill on high (all four burners) and make sure that the chicken has sat out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes to take the chill off.  Plop that chicken on the grill and resist the urge to turn it for at least 5 minutes (especially if you've got thicker cut breasts).  It'll make sure that you get a nice good char on the outside.  Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side.


Remove from the grill and let sit for about 3-4 minutes so that the juices redistribute.




I actually made this batch for my book club and accidentally bought thinner chicken breasts than I normally prefer but you get the point.

I can't take all the credit for this yummy chicken...George Washington helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...