Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday Tip: Removing Water Stains from Wood

Several months ago my husband put something wet down on our wood dining table and it left water marks.  Not rings but these weird smudgy looking marks:



No matter how much I wiped the table they wouldn't come off.  It has been driving me CRAZY looking at it.  Instead of looking into how to fix it, I have just been secretly shopping for a new dining room table.  Problem solved, right?  Well, not when my husband said that we are NOT buying a new table right now.  So, I had to look into a more cost efficient option.

I'm embarrassed that the table has been looking like this for months (thank goodness for my cute ikat tablecloth).  But, I'm even more embarrassed that I read about this tip well over a month ago and it has taken me this long to try it.  That said, the good news is IT WORKED!

All you do is take a hot iron and a damp towel and iron over the stained part of the wood.  Like magic, the stain is removed:



I'm so happy that it worked (but kicking myself at how long it took me to try this!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...