Sunday, December 16, 2012

Belated Scenes from New York

Several weeks ago my husband and I went to NYC with my brother and his fiance.  I don't know why I haven't gotten around to sharing the pictures.  But, here they are how, albeit a little delinquent.  Get comfy...there are quite a few.

Flags in Rockefeller Center:


That's the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center behind all that scaffolding.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  Here's my bro and future sis-in-law posing in front of the free and a huge bin of branches that I guess they were using to fill in the holes on the tree to make it look fuller...


We went into the Anthropologie at Rockefeller Center.  It was more about taking all the decorations in than shopping for me.  I'm kind of humiliated to show this first picture since it almost got us kicked out of the Anthro but it was actually hilarious.  Here is my brother trying on one of the display antlers from the makeshift hunting lodge in the store"


More Anthro decorations and displays:







No introduction necessary:


 This was the view from our hotel room...not bad:


We went to see A Christmas Story on Broadway.  It was great!



This is me in the Randy snow suit.


The next day we headed to Wall Street:



View from Battery Park:



That afternoon/evening, we took a boat cruise around New York.  It was so awesome to get to see things both in the day time and all lit up at night.  That's probably the one time that I didn't mind it getting dark early!














That night we had Dinner at Keen's Steak House which was so delicious.  And lookey who we ran into...(that's Vera Wang in case you can't see since the picture is kind of dark):


Our hotel was right by the Herald Square Macy's.  I loved looking at all their decorations - especially their window displays!




Here's us in Grand Central Station on the day we left.


Too much to see in too short of time so we'll definitely go back soon (hopefully).  I loved going when we did so it really helped get us in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...