Sunday, July 29, 2012

Staghorn Ferns

I watched an old rerun of Dear Geneieve the other week on HGTV when she redid a couple's NYC apartment.  I loved what she did with the small space.  But even more than the design, I have become obsessed with the staghorn ferns she used in the space.


Here's a close up of what they look like.



Apparently they require very little maintenance (just a mist once a week or so) and can handle indoor light only.  And obviously, they are named because of their antler like shape.

I haven't figured out where you actually purchase one of these things near where I live yet but I did a little searching for some other design spaces that utilize these plants.











I'm on the lookout...

1 comment:

  1. The blog wise craft just did an entry on these with a step-by-step on how to mount them. I think they're so cool too. Let me know if you find a local source.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...