Friday, July 20, 2012

Burrata Mozzarella and Heirloom Tomato Salad


This summer I cannot get enough of tomato and mozzarella salad - ensalada caprese.  Ironic for anyone who knew me back in the day when it was my most abhorred food.

Everybody knows how to do a caprese salad but what you might not know is that there is a kind of fresh mozzarella called burrata.  My friend's husband calls it a cross between mozzarella and butter.  And it is just as divine as both.  I paired it here with some of the miniature heiloom tomatoes that Trader Joe's carries, good olive oil, fresh basil and plenty of salt and pepper.  I could eat it every day!




1 comment:

  1. I was just reading about burruta mozerella this week! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...