Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Tip: Turning a little nook into something

There's a little space behind the door in our living room.  It wasn't being used but I knew it had potential.  I don't think these pictures show how cute it really is.  It was sort of a last minute decision.  We bought this hook from the Container Store a few weeks ago.  As much as I love lucite, it is hard to believe this is the first lucite looking piece I own!
Then I remembered this great mirror I found at a thrift store a few years ago.  I was this close to painting it white so that it would stand out against the wall but at the last minute chickened out.  I just love the look and texture of the mirror as it currently is and now I'm glad I didn't change it.  So, I hung the mirror and then my new hook underneath for scarves.  I have the perfect little nook to check my hair or makeup before I leave the house and pick from one of my scarves to accessorize!





It is amazing what defining a purpose for an unused nook can do to the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...