Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Mom's Vidalia Onions

I love grilling in the summertime and I love all of the fresh veggies that you can grill.  But grilling vidalia onions was always one of my mom's favorite summertime treats.  So delicious, so easy, and so nearly fat free!

What you'll need:
1-2 sweet vidalia onions (1 onion serves 2 people because you cut it in half)
beef bouillon (either a cube or sprinkle some loose - you could also substitute chicken or veggie bouillon)
olive oil
salt and pepper

What you'll do:
Cut off each end of the onion and then cut in half.  You'll have two halves that will sit flat.  Lay down a piece of aluminium foil under each onion half.  Core out the center of each half. 


Sprinkle with bouillon, olive oil and salt and pepper. 


Wrap the onion in the foil to make an individual little pouch. 


Place on grill for half an hour or so (can extend if you are cooking something that takes a little longer - it is only going to get yummier!).  Serve each person their own little onion pouch where they can sop up all of the juices in the foil with the onion. 

Goes great with just about anything!  Like ribs.  Okay, well, really, my husband was so proud of these and he just wanted me to show a picture of them. 


Of course, I forgot the after pic of the onion but you can just imagine how yummy and delicious it looks...and tastes!  Try it!

1 comment:

  1. My mom makes these and has taught me how! Love them. Hope yall had a nice (relaxing weekend).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...