Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mason Jars Make a Comeback

I have quite a few mason jars that I've collected over the years.  Some I've picked up at flea markets and thrift stores and others I got from my grandmothers.  My grandmother, MawMaw, who I just lost on Easter, was a big vegetable canner back int he day.  Other than my friend Diana who recently told me she tried canning things, I hadn't really heard of too many people doing that in this day and age.  Which is a shame.  I digress.

I usually use my mason jars for fresh flower arrangements and sometimes for storing dried goods like beans and rice but lately they've been popping up all over the place.  A few weeks ago my dear friend Alice made me a goodie basket and two of the items - homemade pimiento cheese and homemade black bean and corn salsa came neatly packaged in mason jars which made her whole gesture even more adorable.  And let me tell  you, that girl has got THE SKILLS for making pimiento cheese.

Then a few days ago my friend Lane was telling me about this new dessert article she read where all kinds of desserts were made in mason jars.  Just check out a few of the possibilities!

Rainbow Cake

Chocolate Pudding Cake

Cupcake Crumble Cake

Monkey Bread

Neopolitan Cake

Peanut Butter Cake

Red Velvet and Nutella Cake

All recipes and more ideas can be found here.  Thanks for sharing, Laney!

I think it would be a really cute theme for a wedding or party to serve everything out of mason jars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...