Sunday, October 28, 2012

Little Poncho

This was a little something different than what I'm used to knitting...

My friend Michaela's daughter Amelia is turning one soon and is having a Mexican themed birthday (I think her parents just really wanted an excuse to drink margaritas...).  Michaela asked me if I could knit her a sombrero.  While I can appreciate a good challenge, I couldn't figure out how I could knit a sombrero since the rim of the hat needed to be sturdy and the yarn was inevitably gonna be floppy.

So, instead I decided to knit her a little poncho for her party.  The nice thing about this is that hopefully she can wear all winter long.





It was a free pattern on Ravelry that I used and also modified.  Pattern found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...