Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Count down 'til Christmas and 10 Great Gift Ideas


I'm sure many of you are groaning at me that it isn't even Halloween yet and how dare I start writing a post with the word Christmas in it.  Stick with me, ya'll.  I mean, it's gonna be here before you know it.  No, really.  Did you know it is only 63 days away??? (I won't admit that I MAY have already incorporated a Christmas song or two into my go to work playlist...)

Everybody always makes fun of me for starting my shopping so early but I have a rationale behind it:

1. You don't get socked with those bills all at once.  Space it out and you don't feel the pain of the money you are spending nearly as badly.

2. You are not rushed to purchase something for someone just because you need to get them a gift.  You can actually put thought into it.

3. Who doesn't like a year round excuse to shop??

I create an excel spreadsheet to organize my gifting that houses the following info:

1. Everyone I need to purchase a gift for.
2. Wish List/Gift Ideas I have for them (in case I don't stumble across something perfect on my shopping quests)
3.  A column to list what I have purchased for them.
4. A checkbox when they are complete (some people get more than one gift like my husband or sometimes someone might get a couple of smaller things)
5. A column to check off if I have sent their Christmas card.  I also lengthen my list to include everyone I need to send a card to that may not receive a gift if we don't exchange presents.

I love Google documents because you can access it anywhere in case I need to see what I've already bought for someone.

I've found that Pinterest (which anyone who follows me clearly knows I am obsessed with) is a great way to store gift ideas to come back to later.  I've created a board that lets me store any ideas I have as I see them.  Here are some of my favorites to get your Christmas inspiration juices flowing...

Beautifully bound classic books...


Jonathan Adler Matches...

Gemstone fridge magnets...


Monogrammed soaps...

Personalized stadium cups...


Personalized notepads...

Mini-initial necklace...

Return address stamp...


Rock soap (great stocking stuffers!)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...