Saturday, July 31, 2010

Glamping: Something I could be into

I don't really consider myself a girly-girl but somehow camping has never been one of my most favorite pasttimes.  It could all probably go back to the one time at my favorite summer camp, Camp Merrie-Woode, that we spent a night outside in the pouring rain and then I rolled downhill in my sleeping bag into a creek, to make matters more soggy.  I still have nightmares about that. 

Anywho, we have friends that ask us to go camping every once in a while and I always decline the offer.  But thanks to my new discovery, my response may change.  Enter, Gypsy Faire Tents and The Martyn House.  Now, here is some camping I could be down with:

That's right, Ladies and Gents.  It's the camping wave of the future...Glamping.  Aka glamorous camping.  Ahh yes.  I can picture it now...





The Martyn House offers $180 nightly rates (with a two night minimum) which includes an evening cocktail and a full breakfast the following day.  Sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...