Saturday, July 10, 2010

Funny.

We love Netflix.  It allows us to watch shows like Lost and 24 in back to back episodes.  We also love getting movies.  My favorite thing about Netflix is also my husband's least favorite: I control the queue.  I try to pick things that he will like peppered with a few chick flicks when I think I can squeeze them in without him pitching too much of a fit. 

Every once in a while I'll pick a good indepdent that makes us both really happy and last night was point in case: Mike Judge's Extract.  If you haven't seen it, we both recommend it.  If you aren't familiar, Mike Judge is the genius who created Office Space, King of the Hill and Beavis and Butthead (not my favorite but other people like it!).  Many of the characters from Office Space pop up in Extract. 



Extract stars Jason Bateman and a scraggly looking Ben Affleck.  Every time I thought I could see another generic plot turn happen, I'd be wrong!  It kept us laughing and very entertained.  Here's the synopsis provided by IMDB:

Joel, the owner of an extract manufacturing plant, constantly finds himself in precarious situations that steadily worsen by the minute. First, his soon-to-be floor manager acquires a serious injury in a machine malfunctioning accident that subsequently endangers the wellbeing of his company. Second, his personal life doesn't fair much better when he takes the advice of his bartending friend Dean during a drug-induced brainstorming session on how to test his wife's faithfulness. Finally, compounding these catastrophes is new employee Cindy, who happens to be a scam artist intent on milking the company for all its worth. Now, Joel must attempt to piece his company and his marriage back together all while trying to figure out what he's really after in life.

Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...