Monday, March 4, 2013

White Corn Chowder


I love a good chowder...you know, anything with potatoes for me. :)  I think the thing I liked most about this White Corn Chowder was the use of fresh corn right off the cob.  The corn had a great crunch to it and it was very fresh tasting.  So, that's what you've gotta do...start with fresh corn cobs and cut the white corn right off the cobs and into a bowl.  



It also doesn't hurt that this dish starts with a base of bacon...



And tons of fresh veggies...carrots, celery, onion, garlic, potatoes oh, my!





Cook the veggies in the same pot as the bacon and then add corn, chicken broth, half and half and top with reserved bacon and a little cheese.  YUM, YUM, YUM.


Full recipe found here.  Go, make it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...