Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chilean Sea Bass with Sherry Cream Sauce


I don't typically do New Year's resolutions.  However, in light of the fact that I have nothing kind to say about 2011, I decided it is time to start switching things up a little in 2012.  Therefore, I have resolved to try to start branching out a little more in my cooking.

The other day we were at Balducci's trying to decide what to have for dinner. We had a delicious skirt steak the night before (courtesy of the hubs) and so I was not interested in red meat.  We both looked at the usual, some version of pork or chicken.  We briefly discussed veal but I just couldn't go there.  At the same time we both turned and looked at each other and said "what about fish?".   We perused the options and finally decided on two (albeit rather pricey) nice looking pieces of chilean sea bass.  And here's how I fixed it; you could do this sauce for any mild white fish in my opinion.


What You'll Need:
fish filets
salt and pepper
olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp sherry
2 Tbsp cream
1 clove garlic, diced finely

What You'll Do:
First take your fish filets out of the fridge to get the chill off. 


Next pat them dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.


Heat 1 Tbsp butter and a drizzle of olive oil in a pan for searing.  Sear each side and then turn down the heat to cook all the way through.  Remove from heat once fish is cooked.


In the same pan, add remaining Tbsp of butter and melt.  Sautee garlic for about a minute.  Add sherry to the pan and use it to deglaze the pan.  Add cream at the end and serve the sauce over the fish.


1 comment:

  1. While this looks delicious and everything, I politely request MORE RENOVATION PHOTOS. Come on, lady. I live for this shiz.

    xoxo,
    meghann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...