Friday, September 17, 2010

Blast from the past

Yesterday I was reminded of three things that I hadn't thought about in AGES since I was much, much younger.  It is funny how things happen in threes, isn't it?

First, I was reading Jamie's blog and saw her post about bajas.  Do you remember those?  My brother and I begged my Dad to buy us one when we were visiting Cherokee, NC and I think we were them every day for one winter.  They were so itchy...why did we think they were so cool?!


Then, later that evening, my husband and I were looking through the Netflix instant stream on the tv and were having trouble agreeing on a movie (par for the course).  We both got to Center Stage and were so excited about it.  I forgot how good (and cheesy!) that movie was.  The weirdest thing was how old everything looked all of a sudden - it was like I was watching a movie from the 70's or something.  Still love it!  If you haven't seen it, watch it!


And then, right before I was hitting the sack, I got an email from my friend Reeves who reminded me of this French rap song that we used to listen on repeat when we were in high school (on mixed tapes obvi).  Her sister had a French exchange student who told Reeves about this song.  If you haven't heard it, you should listen to it...is it that good or is it just that it brings back memories?!



Have you been reminded of anything lately from your past that you had forgotten all about?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...