There are few things that smell better in the world than melted butter mixed with pretzels. Truly. I don't know what it is about that combo but my house smells DIVINE after making this. It is a little summery feeling but with this dreary winter weather, I've got no problem dishing this up now. Another bonus? I'm not a big baker but I did get to pull out my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make this which is always fun!
Strawberry, Cream Cheese and Pretzel Pie
Recipe adapted from here.
What You Need:
- 3 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 1 stick of butter butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 packages frozen strawberries
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Be sure to spread it to the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.