Saturday, January 26, 2013

Affordable Art Project


This was a crazy affordable project and not to mention easy. I think the end results looks pretty great. I framed some fabric to hang over the huge, bare wall space above our king sized bed.

For a long time I've been looking for something to go over the wall above our bed.  It's a big space and I was wrestling with what a mirror would look like because I was afraid it would look disproportionate to the size.  I am also sick of having lots of little pieces of artwork around because I can't afford larger pieces that make a bigger statement.  Not to mention, larger mirrors were crazy expensive too.  The end result of this project gave me some substantial size for an unsubstantial cost.

I started with the Ikea Ribba Frames.  These were I think $19.99 each.  They're huge so not a bad cost.


I spray painted them gold.  I think the can of spray paint was under $5.  I like this because it has some sheen but it is more of a darker, brassy gold than cheap and chintzy looking.  And then added some ikat fabric that I ordered from here.  It was $23/yard and I only needed 1 yard to complete this.

Note: 1 yard is plenty to fill up both frames but if you are trying to repeat a large pattern, you need to be careful about pattern repeat so you can get the look you want.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...