Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Day Three: Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches


How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.

This is a joke, right?  There's nothing organized about my stash.  It is strewn all over the place with half finished projects.  My husband was just complaining about it last night. 

I have two spots for my yarn and one spot for my needles, crochet hooks, etc.  They are all corraled in this makeshift toiletry bag:


The bulk majority of my yarn is in a box in the basement but then I keep a stash handy for accent colors and for projects I am currently working on in a bag that I can pick up and move around with me:


I personally do not understand people who log all of their yarn onto Ravelry...it seems time consuming and pointless if it still has the tag on it - or mark the yarn directly.  But, clearly, I am not very organized at this (which is okay because I think I make up for it in other aspects of my life!) so maybe I should take a cue from those who do log theirs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...