Sunday, March 20, 2011

Better than the last.

I made another fabric covered, nailhead trimmed bulletin board.  I like this one a lot better than the last.  I made it with my friend Lauren in mind. 




Lauren just moved here and I spent last Sunday helping her arrange her new place.  It was an eye opening experience for me.  We spent no money (other than some picture hanging materials and a can of spray paint) and just reorganized her things.  Unfortunately the before pictures we took didn't turn out but I have a few that Lauren took of the work in progress.

The reason this experience was so eye opening was that Lauren kept saying over and over that she never would have thought of putting things the way I suggested.  It really is interesting how personal design is.  And even more so, it is interesting how having a different point of view can truly change things that you already own into a whole new design asthetic.

Anyhow, we've set up a really nice little office nook for her and I thought this would go great over her desk to hang pictures, notes, inspiration, etc.



Do you not just adore that mirror over her fireplace.  I love how it reflects the light from all of her lamps and the natural light from the windows and really opens the space up.  And I'm super jealous that she has a fireplace.  Also, if you look to the far right of this picture you can see the lamp that we updated with a simple can of blue spraypaint.  I can't wait to continue working with Lauren on her space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...