Monday, May 10, 2010

It doesn't look like much now...

but it is gonna be. Unfinished project number 584 has entered my life. I found this at a yard sale last weekend.

Meet my new headboard.  Here are some additional close ups:




It needs a good scrub down, some paint and some ingenuity on our part to figure out how to hang it on the wall but I have great hopes that this is not only gonna be a looker but also that it will in the end have saved us hundreds of dollars.

My original inspiration came from this headboard I've been obsessing over for a while from Wisteria:



Seeing as how I don't have $1100 lying around right now, I'm going to have to make due. 

I do love the rustic look that some people did...


Image from Coastal Living

Image from Designalamod

Image from Cottage Life

but I am thinking for my bedroom I want something a little more refined and elegant.  Something along these lines:

Image from Country Living




Images from Decorology

1 comment:

  1. ooooh Cam , that's gonna be real cute. is this the project I am supposed to weigh in on?

    because I think we should spraypaint it gold.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...