Sunday, September 29, 2013

Easy and Festive Fall Centerpiece

My neighbor John is getting married.  In order to celebrate the big event, my other neighbors and I are threw him a party.  I was in charge of centerpieces.  I did a similar centerpiece for my own rehearsal dinner almost four years ago!  It couldn't be simpler and I think they are perfect for fall.  Plus, I can send John home with something pretty for his front porch.


All you do is cut the top and stems off of a pumpkin, clean out the insides, and stick a mum inside.  I used 8 inch mums with the plastic pot removed because I wanted the flowers to sit snugly inside without sticking up too much.  I also like to get mums that have some flowers but aren't completely bloomed so that the recipient gets to enjoy them for longer.  Just don't forget to water them!



An added bonus?  Roasted pumpkin seeds!  Truly one of my most favorite things of all time.  All you need is a little patience to get rid of the pumpkin pulp, some salt and olive oil and a warm oven.  Divine!


1 comment:

  1. They are gorgeous. Did you made holes on the bottom of the pumpkin? How long with this last? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...