Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weeknight Inspiration: Chicken, Sausage and Potatoes with a Citrus Twist

Inspiration for this dish came from Life is Great.  I had some trouble finding Chorizo (I actually went to three separate grocery stores) so I finally gave up and used spicy chicken sausage.  Still loved the flavor of this dish but am making it again next time I come across some good Chorizo.  Something else super great about this meal (other than the fact it tastes good)...ONE DISH, BABY!!  That's right, we're talking minimal prep and minimal clean up.  That makes for some serious weeknight inspiration in my book.


 What You'll Need:
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 chicken thighs (I used boneless, skinless)
1 pkg chicken sausage
1 small bag of baby potatoes, cut in half if needed
1 red onion, chopped
2 teaspoons dried oregano
zest of one orange
salt and pepper to taste

What You'll Do:
Pour olive oil onto baking sheet.  Add chicken, rub in the oil, and potatoes and sausage.  Sprinkle over onions, oregano and zest of orange.  Season with salt and pepper.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-45 minutes, until chicken is browned and cooked through.  


I had fun taking pictures of the orange, too.  I know, I need to get out more if this is where I'm getting my kicks... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...