Saturday, January 16, 2010

sipping it old school

The weather hit a whopping 50 degrees this week which prompted me to think about my husband's awesome summertime margaritas which then got me thinking about sour mix which then reminded me of this drink. The last time I remember having one of these was about 9 or 10 years ago when we were studying abroad in Italy and had gone to Spain for spring break. What I wouldn't give to get those days back...less money worries, little responsibility (let's face it - the few classes we had to take were a joke), running around Europe with your friends, drinking underage...seriously, those were the days.


Amaretto Sours


1 part amaretto liqueur

1 part sour mix

maraschino cherry juice

1-2 maraschino cherries for garnish

I'm sure there are fancier, more complicated versions of this drink but this works just fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...