Thursday, October 2, 2014

Autumn Roast Chicken and Veggies

Fall is finally in the air!  I need to get on the ball and get out my Halloween decorations but for now the front of the house is sporting this adorable little pumpkin that my sister in law's mother (did you follow that?) gave us.  She got the little pumpkin at the Farmer's Market and decorated it - such a cute idea.  I'm hoping the marker may throw the squirrels off for a little while longer...


In honor of the cooler weather, and the fact that I slept more than five minutes last night, I decided to cook dinner and make a perfect fall dish - roast chicken and veggies.  I used veggies that reminded me of the colors of fall - carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.


I have been spending more time than normal in front of the tv while I've been feeding the baby and I mostly torture myself by watching the Food Network.  Ina Garten is my favorite and she constantly talks about two things that I employed when concocting this dish - keep it simplistic and chicken is always better tasting and more moist when you cook it with the skin on and on the bone.  Yes, Ina.  Yes, it is.

 So, in the spirit of Ina, everything was just seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little zesty herb mix and drizzled with olive oil.  Oh, and a few pats of butter for good measure. 



The chicken was delish and the skin was seasoned so well and got nice and crispy.  The trick to this is to make sure to pat the chicken dry before roasting it and adding the oil, butter and seasoning.



The perfect fall dish...I could eat it every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...