Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Tips: Protective Storing and Moving for your Dishes

I HATE moving.  It is one of the most stressful things to me.  But man, I do love unpacking and reorganizing.  And, I do like the opportunity to purge a few things.  We moved 8 months ago into our house.  I hope we will eventually grow out of it because of kids but in the meantime, I am thankful that we don't have to move again any time soon.

That said, when I do, I am going to remember this trick - protecting your dishes when packing with styrofoam disposable plates as demonstrated by TheFrugalGirls.com:


This is a trick that my grandmother always used with her china and I still have most of her things stacked up like this, just as she had them (except when I use them, of course!).  She used coffee filters to protect dainty china when it was stacked.


Cost effective and simple.  If you use filters smaller than the plates, you can still display them openly on your shelves and no one will know that the filters are there!

Both images from Pinterest here and here.

1 comment:

  1. The simplest ideas are often the best, aren't they!? These are great tips - I'd never have thought of either idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...