Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get those creative juices flowing, girl!

This one's for my friend Lauren.  She recently moved to DC and has been kind enough to let me play around with giving her decorating ideas.  And, even more fun for me, she takes a lot of them into consideration!  We were looking for an affordable but impactful statement to make on the wall over her couch so I convinced her to give a collection of empty picture frames a try.  We have now purchased almost all of the frames she needs but she needs a little inspiration to get them hung. 

L, the first thing I'd say to that is: BEFORE you start hammering nails into the wall, consider doing a little sample layout with paper cut out like the shape of the frame so you can get an idea how it will look ala:


Lauren's doing her frames in gold...I picture it to be sort of like this but more spread out.  BUT, this is Lauren's place not mine so I wanted to give her lots of different inspiration. 












Does anyone else have tips or experience in a project like this for Lauren?

1 comment:

  1. Check out how these folks used newsprint templates to figure out where to hang the frames. I thought it was genius: http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/04/its-done-and-we-heart-it/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...