Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm back...

Hello my little blog and blog friends.  I have missed you!  To say things over the past three weeks have been nuts is an understatement.  However, with the upcoming Christmas holiday season and the prospect of closing on our new house in a week, things are (hopefully) looking up.  I hope you all had a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.

I'd just like to take a minute and say how much I miss my two family members that I lost over the past couple of weeks - my dearest grandmother, Ma, and my cousin, Chas.  The whole family loves and misses you.



So, in addition to all that has been going on in my personal life, my computer life - previously taken up with blogs and blogging, has been overtaken by Pinterest.  I can't stop.  It is like a disease.  It doesn't help there is an app for it on my phone. Is anyone else as addicted as I am?  It is great for design inspiration, craft ideas, recipes, and gift ideas to name a few.

Like tonight, we tested this recipe for Lime Honey Crusted chicken that was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

Lime Honey Crusted Chicken
1 pieces chicken with skin on (I used breast/drum stick combo)
juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Marinate the chicken in the all of the ingredients.  I just threw the lime skins right in the bag after I juiced them and threw them out later.  Marinate over night at a minimum.

Grill the chicken breasts and let caramelization occur on the crust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...